Training & Events

Training & Events

2020 Training Program

Tuesday, April 21 at 8:04pm until
Monday, August 31, 2020 at 8:04pm

Access funding to take the training you need to build your screen media career.

During this period of physical distancing, SPYA and Yukon Media Development have been working to provide Yukon film and screen-media industry professionals with funding to take online training. Approved applicants will receive up to 100% of the cost of the training to a maximum of $750 per applicant.

Who is eligible?

Applicants must:

  • be a Yukon resident;
  • be or become a SPYA member;
  • have a demonstrated commitment to a career in the screen-media industries; and
  • have earned income from the screen-media industries in 2019 or 2020.

How to apply

Deadline: Thursday, April 30, 2020, at 5pm. We will do our best to notify successful applicants as soon as possible. Should all funding not be awarded, a second intake will be announced.

Adjudication Process

A jury from SPYA, YMD and an outside film professional will review the applications and make decisions based on:

  • an applicant’s demonstrated need for training; and
  • the suitability of the online program chosen.

Payments

Successful applicants will receive 80% of their funding upon approval. The remaining 20% will be paid to the applicant upon successful completion of the training and receipt of an invoice.

Online training must be complete by Aug. 30, 2020. All invoices must be received by Sept. 15, 2020. Invoices received after Sept. 15, 2020 may not be eligible for payment.

This program is made possible by the support of Yukon Media Development.

You may apply to both the Training and Mentorship programs. If you do indicate which one is your priority as we may only be able to fund one per person.

Link to 2020 Training Program Application Form.

Media Industry Training Program

SPYA’s industry training program gives you the opportunity to upgrade your skills or get some one-on-one advice from a leader in your field. This program is delivered with support from Yukon Media Development.

‹ Other courses