The Klondike Experience
Husky Bus was created in 2012 as a sole proprietorship in Dawson City by owner / operator Jesse Cooke. Run by Cooke and his wife Sarah, Husky Bus had a small fleet of two 14- passenger vans, and ran a scheduled passenger service between Whitehorse and Dawson City twice weekly from May 1st till September 30th. The company grew very quickly as it got involved in local touring, sightseeing, and private charter service. Incorporated as Husky Bus Transportation & Tours Inc. in 2014, the company now provides a host of adventure tourism and transportation services.
Staff and Fleet
Jesse Cooke, CEO and sole director
Theresa Soulliere, Office manager
Staff of 8 seasonal driver / guides
Fleet of two 14-passenger vans, three 20-passenger buses, and two trailers for freight and canoe transportation.
Products and Services
- Scheduled transportation between Whitehorse and Dawson City from May 1st to Sept 30th
- Year-round charter services for private groups, government, film crews, sports teams, school groups, etc.
- Year-round tourism products and packages for small groups including Aurora Borealis viewing, Tombstone Park expeditions, and historical and cultural tours of the Klondike.
- Gear rental: mountain bikes, canoes, bear spray, bear canisters, dry bags, snow shoes, tents, and camping equipment.
- Accommodation: 2-bedroom apartment available for nightly rentals from May 15th to Aug 30th. Assistance with hotel bookings available year-round.
- - Yukon-wide canoe and hiker drop-offs and pick-ups.
- - Airport shuttle service in Dawson City from May 1st to September 30th, and year-round upon special request.